Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Random with your Cheerios

Not sure where this unintended stream of consciousness is going to lead, but it's 5am and I can't go back to sleep -- so I guess I'm going to amuse/punish y'all with the random bits floating around in my head. I equate those random bits to the last few Cheerios floating in the milk. They run away from your spoon and it becomes your life's mission to get them all . . . you don't know why but it does. (Don't ask me what that has to do with anything . . . )

So, let's start with the picture -- that is the new stadium of the Dallas Cowboys. It's a huge monstrous building in the middle of Arlington, TX, which is ironically closer to Ft. Worth than Dallas. In fact, it's no longer even in Dallas County (which is where they used to play). It's a mammoth of an over compensation for Jerry Jones. I call the structure Jerry's Ego . . .

Isn't it odd that while the economy was humming along (I know Claire, I used the phrase) that all the financial pundits complained that we weren't saving enough. Now, the saving rate among American's is at it's highest since the 1930's (re: depression) and they are all mad b/c the consumer isn't spending?? Seems to me the American consumer (re: me) is just a bit tired of blowing all his/her money and is taking a breathe. I say keep saving and being fiscally responsible -- let the house of cards continue to fall until we get back on some stable footing again . . . (and keep in mind I'm not a saver naturally, i'm a shopper!)

Whatever happened to Toni Braxton?? I loved some of her songs ("Another Sad Love Song" "I Don't Want To" and "Unbreak my Heart") and then nothing . . . She had such a sultry voice. Had the Zune on random and it just played her -- seems I'm not the only thing that's random right now :)

Why is American Idol (or for that matter any of the competition shows) classified as reality tv? It's not. Not by a long shot -- it's really just a different version of a game show. Whether it's racing across the globe in Amazing Race or stabbing someone in the back on Surivor (seriously?? that show is still on??) it's all a big game. If those shows are reality then am I on tv??

I love being the person at work that will speak his mind. It doesn't do a lot for moving up the ladder, but I like the rung I'm on at work anyway. It's kind of entertaining to watch the fear that some people have in their faces when I speak -- like what am I gonna say?? I don't do it on purpose, I just am honest. Sometimes honesty scares people -- and that makes me wonder why business leaders are so scared of honesty. I mean - isn't that one of the reasons that the e-thing is such a mess?? Because of dishonesty . . . kind of ironic isn't it??

Why do I always title my blog and then when I'm done, go back and change it?? Am I the only one that does this?? (btw - I called it Daily Dose of Random before I got on the Cheerios kick)

Grace and I should have had a film crew following us around while doing her wedding stuff. It just seems like craziness ensues wherever we go -- and it's not our doing. It just follows us around . . . like a lost puppy . . . lookin' for Cheerios in milk . . .

2 comments:

  1. It's ok that you talked about the economy...If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, I guess! (It still, overall, annoys the piss out of me, even though it's true.)

    Toni Braxton was on DWTS, & she was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a great distaste for the Cowboys ever since they proclaimed themselves to be "america's team"...arrogant bastards.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, comments, complaints, or random synaptic misfires . . . thx for reading and responding!! Love -- jj:)