Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Night Before


So, one of my work friends asked if I was going to blog about the experience of getting a lap band, and well, it's my understanding I'll be knocked out but I'll do my best Kim! :)

In reality, I'm really just a jumbled mess the night before the procedure. I'm really glad this happened so fast and I didn't get a ton of time to plan and think about it, I'd probably drive myself and all my friends and family crazy.

So - what's up? I guess I'd describe my feeling as a young Tom Cruise walking into a gay bar in San Fransisco to ask for directions. (Digest that one for awhile . . . it's open for interpretation but I know what I mean.)

Okay -- need to focus. (Told you I was all over the place.) I feel a sense of mourning. (Mourning?? You probably think I'm fkn crazy!) Let me 'splain . . . I'm making a drastic change in my life, for the better. But, I do feel that I'm finally able to close the door on a rather bleak chapter on my life. If I were to paint it, I'd probably paint it black, charcoal, and gray. I found the box with all the bright paints in it now, and am ready to fill in a new canvas. (I didn't realize my old posts covered up my last post - check it out as I discuss the plan to this point) So, I'm kinda sad the "old" me is going. NOT sad enough to not go through with this . . . I know, makes no sense.

I know I'm rambling here, but it's not like I'm accepting an Oscar. There's no queued music playin . . . I appreciate all the support and messages from everyone and am looking forward to my new path. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, for this is all new to me too. I do plan on blogging how things are going and I will DEFINITELY be posting the pounds I've lost as I get to know.

Finally, I leave you with a lyric from a favorite song of mine that really sums up this step I'm taking in life. You can find it in the video bar to the left if you'd like to hear the whole thing. It's called "Raincoat" by Kelly Sweet . . .

"I'm gonna throw out my raincoat/mmmmmm, I hope it's alright/Gonna go find me a rainbow/ Hang it up in the sky/Blues pass me by"

3 comments:

  1. Well looking at your countdown, there is about four hours left before the procedure. Good luck, keep your head up, and don't be sceered. I am looking forward to getting to know the new Joe. Although I hope it doesn't change you to much. I have decided we should do a 10k instead of a half marathon. So about one year from today right? I don't know if you will see this before you go in or not but if you do text me or send a message let us know you are out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you say makes sense to me. Even while shedding some of my life's greatest difficulties, I experienced a sense of loss to some degree - more than once. The good news is that every time, it has been worth it... thoughts and prayers go with you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee, I can't wait to hear how everything goes after your surgery. I'm just a work friend? I see how it is. Oh, and I didn't mean you had to blog as you were having surgery, I'd give you a few minutes until you came to.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, comments, complaints, or random synaptic misfires . . . thx for reading and responding!! Love -- jj:)