Saturday, January 10, 2009

Put Your Records On

Music is such an important part of my life. I could talk and talk about favorite songs, songs that move me, or songs with a good beat for hours and hours. I love sitting with someone and listening to their faves and sharing mine . . . which leads me to this post. Here are three artists that you probably haven't heard - but should. In all aspects, these artists are phenomenal - but for whatever reason America hasn't embraced them.

First up is the the third member of Destiny's Child, Michelle Williams. I have her all 3 of her CD's (2 are gospel - "Heart to Yours" and "Do You Know"), but the third cd titled "Unexpected" was just that - a complete surprise. It's a peppy dance collection only tinged with R&B, and it did spin off a #1 single on Billboard's Dance Chart -- but it never really made a splash. That is a shame because unlike Beyonce' - she doesn't oversing. She knows her voice and her limitations - and the results make you wanna dance. Here is the video for her #1 Dance single "We Break the Dawn" -- watch it if for nothing else, the hot dancers ;)




Next up is the return of the Boy Band -- but not who you think. The British Boy Band "Take That" has returned (sans Robbie Williams) with an unbelievable comeback CD entitled "Beautiful World" Unlike all of the other Boy Bands, this time around they weren't about the dance moves or cut bodies, instead they were focused on the music. It shows from their Brit winning single "Shine", to their #1 smash "Patience." I've included my favorite track off of their cd, the song is entitled "I'd Wait for Life." The lead singer, Gary Barlow, does a great job with this sweeping ballad that he co-wrote. I hope everyone has had a chance to feel love like this . . .



Finally -- something completely out of left field - sort of :) I'm a huge fan of "party" rap, but many rap artists are a bit - well - misogynistic. Enter Cazwell -- an openly gay no holds barred rapper that drops his rhymes over catchy disco beats and hopping synths. Every single of his I've heard has made me laugh and want to dance at the same time. Yes, he is a protege' of Jonny McGovern -- but he's nothing like him. Here's is a song that I could definitely see as a mainstream hit, but America is just too up tight to let him play -- It's called "Watch My Mouth."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments, complaints, or random synaptic misfires . . . thx for reading and responding!! Love -- jj:)