Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Crush


So, "The Summer Wind" has passed since my last entry . . . it's been a bit hectic here in Dorothy Land with "Everything" that's been happening. Between school (going well btw), Gracie's wedding (she looked "Wonderful Tonight"), work (still on solo coverage), and volunteering (United Way and Church) . . . just haven't had a lot of time to blog. But then again . . . "That's Life"

The point of this entry, however, isn't to talk about the past, but rather discuss that "The Best is Yet to Come." You see, there's this guy . . . who I've talked with briefly at church . . . and I must admit that he gives me "Fever" . . .

The problem with all this is that I feel a bit "Lost" when it comes to dating and asking someone out. Let's be real for a minute . . . my last 2 dates were more "Heartache Tonight" than "Feeling Good" . . . I know, I know -- your sitting there saying "Cry Me a River" -- and I'm not gonna. I'm just very intimidated to ask someone out -- the whole fear of rejection thing. I could go into detail why all this is, but let's just chalk it up to "Home" and move on, no need to rehash that old story again.

So . . . this guy . . . I "Haven't Met You Yet" . . . need to work up the gumption to meet him . . . funny that I can talk to anyone at anytime, as long as there's not this type of feeling associated with it. BUT if I'm interested in the man, then I go all stupid. "Whatever It Takes" to get past this, I will . . . I would really love to go out with him and have him "Save the Last Dance for Me" . . .

"Call me Irresponsible" for putting this emotion out there, but then again . . . blame it on a "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" . . .

(Not bad . . . I worked in 16 song titles by Michael Buble while writing this . . .)

3 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad that one of his songs is not "I'm forever blowing Buble(s)" I know, that was awful... To make up for that, I am willing to share my fool-proof line that will let you know if he is interested. But you can't tell anyone - I have it trademarked...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant piece of writing should I say so myself... 16 song titles strewn throughout this clever little bit... Loved it! Hope you can get over your shyness and nervousness and ask him out.. keep us posted now will ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, Joe Joe. My friend Karen (aka, Mrs. Buble) might take to fighting you off with tooth and claws. She can be a hellcat when it comes to protecting her "property."

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, comments, complaints, or random synaptic misfires . . . thx for reading and responding!! Love -- jj:)