Monday, July 27, 2009

A Poem: Damaged Heart


Look into these tear dried eyes.
Do you see the scars behind them?
Is the hopeless dispair of lonliness
outshining the promise of life that burns
deep down inside?
I've shed the last tear in pain
over the last bit of drama brought to my door.
There is nothing left to grieve,
nothing left to cry.
Who will wipe these dry eyes?
Now that the tears are gone . . .

Hold onto this weary hand.
Can you feel the weakness within?
Can you tell that it doesn't cling
to what it knows will quickly leave
as it came?
Releasing with my grip, my nemesis, my defeat,
They no longer walk with me in the night.
There is nothing more to grasp for
blindly in the dark, misguided.
Who will take this tired hand?
Now that the strength is gone . . .

Love this broken heart.
Do you feel the pieces tearing my chest apart?
Is there a moment that passes
that every ripping beat shredding all hope
can not be heard?
It's been smashed and effectively trashed, shredded.
Slowly, with patience and perseverence,
I've collected the small pieces
and mended what I could.
Who will love this damaged heart?
Now that the strife is gone . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments, complaints, or random synaptic misfires . . . thx for reading and responding!! Love -- jj:)