Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Candle


I blew it out.

Smoke billowing lazily
from the glowing wick
that once held
the flame of my hope,
my dreams,
my faith.

Yet it was not dark.

The oozing wax down the shaft
slowly hardened
as the heat
dissapated from my heart,
my soul,
my belief.

I could still see.

I see You standing there
holding a candle
with a flame
so bright that it energizes my being,
my desire,
my love.

I turn to look at You.

I suddenly see that
while I extinguished my candle,
it was not my light.
It was not my soul.
Instead,
it was Yours.

A tear rolls down my cheek.

Beside me you were there
to light the way
when I was to blind to see
the path laid
in front
of me.

I light my candle for others to see
the joy You bring me . . .


1 comment:

  1. I believe I understand who is holding the candle. While it may sound odd to say that it is very very sensuous, it makes sense that it could be... this is the most intimate of all relationships. Unless I got it completely wrong...

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, comments, complaints, or random synaptic misfires . . . thx for reading and responding!! Love -- jj:)