Saturday, November 24, 2007

Why Write?

“Why Write?”
~
How do you purge the demon from your soul?
The one that makes you cringe at the sight –
It tears at your heart, encompasses your life,
It’s the one that everyday you must fight.
~
I’ve hidden every memory, under lock and key.
Trying to pretend that it never happened to me.
But then when I least expected to think –
back came everything, taking me to the brink.
~
I’ve stuffed everything I could down my throat,
trying to bury it deep, deep down in my soul.
But the only thing that this accomplished was simple,
I have more than my cheeks with “cute” little dimples.
~
I’ve sliced my own skin, watcing it bleed.
Watching the crimson run, he did not take heed.
Instead of that foul demon from me departed,
I’m left with several hundred healed scars.
~
I’ve taken so many pills, one’s own head would spin
altering mood, altering feeling, altering all that is within.
I’ve discussed what happened, I hit every step ~
All I have to show is my very full medicine cabinet.
~
How do you purge the demon from your soul?
The one that makes you cringe at the sight –
I haven’t really been able to figure this one out,
So, in the end, all I know to do is write . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments, complaints, or random synaptic misfires . . . thx for reading and responding!! Love -- jj:)