Saturday, August 21, 2010

Man in the Mirror

Man is it dusty on this thing . . . I just realized I hadn't blogged in like . . . um . . . I don't know, FOREVER!  My sis-in-law Vicki commented on it awhile back and basically chalked it up to a few things, I was happy, busy, and always on the go . . . and I think she was right.

But I miss the journaling, and dang it -- why can't I blog if I'm happy??  So here it goes . . .

Last night, for the first time in my adult life, along with my bff Gracie, I bought a full length mirror.  I know, doesn't sound all that impressive of a purchase, until you reflect on the journey I've been on the past few years.

I had never, ever, ever, wanted to see myself full body . . . and for good reason.  It meant I didn't have to deal with the weight I put on and how it looked.  However . . . those days are gone.  Lots of hard work and a few surgeries later (lap band in Feb '09, and an extended abdominoplasty in Aug '10), and I'm a 190 lbs lighter and a WHOLE lot thinner.

I like what I see in the mirror -- not because I'm super thin -- and not because I'm vain (shut up Gracie! lol) -- but because I see a happy, healthy, excited me.  I did one of the hardest things in my life, I made a change -- a pretty big one.  I will say this much -- and it definitely comes from experience -- If you're not happy about something, look at the person in the mirror.  Because THAT is the only person that can make it better.

(Had to disable comments b/c I was getting comment spam out the ying yang -- but since everyone is on fb anyway . . . just comment there if you'd like - thx jj)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments, complaints, or random synaptic misfires . . . thx for reading and responding!! Love -- jj:)