Saturday, June 13, 2009

A lot goin' on . . .


Funny how things are grouped together even when you don't plan it. Makes you busy, busy, busy. Main difference for me this time around is that I'm enjoying the heck out of almost everything! As I try to hydrate for tomorrow, here's some brief updates to catch y'all up . . .

Memory Walk 2009 is tomorrow.


I'm excited to do it -- and am truly thankful to everyone that donated to help me crush my fund raising goal! I raised $350 to help fight Alzheimer's!! Tomorrow should be nice so can't wait to do the three mile trek.

School is going fantastically. I was worried about starting back again and how it would all go, but it's been such an awesome experience. I approach college this time around in a different way, more like a job for lack of a better analogy -- and half way thru my first course I've got an A!


Work is work . . . blah!


I've lost 72 lbs!!! I have a doctor's appointment for my next fill for my band, and it's time to get one. Over the past 2 weeks, I've been quite hungry and have eaten more than I have been in the past. So - that means it's time to get my band adjusted. I've had 2 adjustments, and I'm supposed to have 3 to 6 fills to get the band in the right spot, so it's time.


Going back home in August to see my Dad show the Gran Torino he restored at a car show in Ft. Worth. I haven't been back since my surgery so I'm excited to see them and show them my results.


And finally . . . I caved. I got an iPhone today . . . and YES as much as I am LOATHED to admit it - I love it.


Well -- that's pretty much it for now I think . . . so wish me luck tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the dark side... don't feel too bad - I still loathe all things Apple, but the iPhone is undeniably the best. Enjoy it!

    Glad to hear school is going well - it is so different going to school as an adult.

    Best of luck on the walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you couldn't even wait for the new iPhone 3G-S to come out? Luckily, my contract is elligible for upgrade on July 1st.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, comments, complaints, or random synaptic misfires . . . thx for reading and responding!! Love -- jj:)