Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Birthday Reflection

I don't remember many happy birthdays. Not b/c I they were awful, they were just uneventful. I never really put a lot of stock in them. Until today . . .

See -- I've got direction, goals, and desires again. I am in the process of enrolling in college that will eventually thrust me into a completely different career.

I, for the first time in a long time, received an unexpected present. Two friends from work got me lottery tickets and a card . . . simple but sweet. I've haven't felt that special on my birthday in a long time.

I fielded calls from my brothers, dad, and stepmom. Always nice to be remembered. Several text messages - and lunch tomorrow with my bff. Just simple gestures of love, and so treasured. I open my facebook page and am inundated with tons of friends taking a moment out of their day to wish me happy birthday.

It's been a long time since I was happy to get older, but today I was. Truly happy for another year gone by, another challenge behind, and more ahead. I can't wait to see what's in store next for me. It's been a long time since I've been this content, and felt this loved.

Thank you to everyone who thought of me today, it meant more than you can know. Much love -- jj:)

1 comment:

  1. You are at such a wonderful point in your life. It is all forward looking, and it is all good!

    I think you will always remember this birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, comments, complaints, or random synaptic misfires . . . thx for reading and responding!! Love -- jj:)