Saturday, September 1, 2007

"Message for you sir!"

250 magnify

5 pts to whomever guesses the movie I quoted first.

One of the joys of getting to bounce between working days (yuck!) and nights (yea!) is that your sleep pattern becomes a bit, shall we say, distorted. Well . . . today my brain wanted to wake up about 6am (booo!) and didn't want to go back to bed. To Ragan's delight, we took a short walk (side note -- it was low 60's this morning!! Beautiful!!!) and then came back in. I do what I always do when I can't sleep, I begin to fiddle around on the computer.

So, I get on my messenger, just in case anyone else for some unknown reason to man is up and coherent this early on a Saturday morning, and then check a few updates. Read Nillas recent posting (too cute btw ~ and loved Wayne's comment) and Lucky's telling a very intriguing (and I'll wager naughty) story in 2 parts. Thom & Dave are taking a little vacay ~ and Ike & Rob & Garry & Scott are all moving. As I'm perusing, I begin to stumble across pages that peek my interests from their friends, so I send invites. I bring mail back from the evil mailbox and it hits me. I don't get jack in this damn thing except bills & junk. BJ's are supposed to be stimulating and exciting ~ this one's not fittin' the bill.

Here are the 5 things I got in junk mail over the past week.

1. Addressed to "Mrs. Currin or Occupant" ~ Come join us at Curves . . . Um, there is no Mrs. Currin here (I don't do drag!) and if all I am is Occupant to you, then you get no business. Am I being stereotyped?? Besides, I don't want to go to an all women's gym. No motivation there . . .

2. You have been selected to receive a special, once in a lifetime opportunity, to get Playboy at a special, unprecdented price . . . No thanks Heff. I'm really not into your . . . um . . . political and entertainment magazine as the mailer indicated. I don't read Playboy for the articles, or pictures. Now send me a good deal on Unzipped . . . we might be talkin'

3. Thank you for voting me into your state legislature. I'm Annie Tietze blah blah blah . . . Did anyone else think of those tse tse flies in Africa when you read her name?? I did! I didn't vote for her, because I didn't know her. I didn't know any candidate running in my district, so I didn't vote for it. What a vain bitch to think everyone in her district voted for her. I looked it up and she won only 54% of the vote.

4. Addressed to "The Currin Family" ~ Come enroll now at Kimball Academy . . . If I was paying for a private education, AND knowing how much that costs, I'd be PISSED that my money was being wasted in a generic mailer to everyone. I know for a fact that I have ZERO rug rats runnin' around, so got the wrong household on that too. (Shudders at the thought)

5. 47 credit card/refinance/loan offers. I'm pretty sure I don't need any of them. It'd be one thing to get these offers from the company I currently use for such things, but I don't. I get them from all kinds of companies.

I actually didn't pick up my mail out of protest for a solid 2 weeks, and got a nasty gram post noted to my front door from the postmaster . . . . heh heh heh . . .

Now it appears the junkmail fairy has moved into cyberspace . . .

Ding (love that sound from Messenger) new mail icon and subj is Ginger want to be your myspace friend. OMG really!!! Ginger spice wants to be my friend!!! I love . . . WRONG! Yeah, I'll make my way over there and delete that in a minute. I'm reading Wolfy's blog right now.

Ding -- Sexy Suzy wants to be your myspace friend. Ummm, right. 2 things there Sweetie-kins . . . I don't know a "Sexy Suzy" and if you and got some hair on your chest . . . I ain't even remotely interested. Okay?? Guess that's 2 deletes in a bit. Checkin' out Moose's blog at the moment . . .

Ding -- Natalie wants to be your myspace friend. Ding -- Tina wants to be your myspace friend. Ding -- Lisa wants to be your myspace friend. Ding -- some other random ho wants to be your myspace friend.

I'm tired of it! Junk mail in cyberspace pisses me off almost as much as junk mail in real space! The only reason I don't get tired of it in cyberspace as much is because my mail account filters out ALOT of spam. (Thank you at&t Yahoo!) I usually empty my SPAM folder in my email account once a week, and I emptied out 1237 messages today from that folder. WOW!

Gonna go check my email now . . . got a ding from a real person sending a real message. I still get excited when I see that . . . Hugz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments, complaints, or random synaptic misfires . . . thx for reading and responding!! Love -- jj:)